Now we can finally say that eating at KFC can kill you, literally.
Along with his crispy chicken, a Thai man found himself chewing on a metal stick when he had lunch at the KFC in CentralWorld on Sunday.
Facebook user Vid PL posted a complaint on the official page of KFC Thailand that he unexpectedly found a metal stick in his Khao Yam Gai Saab (Spicy chicken salad with rice).
Photo: Vid PL
“I chewed this along with my food. I thought it was some kind of of ingredient, but when I took the object out of my mouth, it was metal, almost as long as my middle finger. Lucky that it wasn’t sharp,” he wrote.
“I want everyone to look for strange objects in their food and for the people who are responsible to inspect their food before selling it to consumers. What if this happened to a child? This is dangerous.”
KFC sent out a statement to the media today saying the metal could have been a part of a fryer and that the company “feels sorry” for the incident.
“KFC Thailand has been informed of the incident, and the company feels sorry for what happened. We have inspected all equipment at the store and believe the object was part of a fryer,” the statement said.
“The CentralWorld branch has obtained a new set of kitchen equipment, and we have also instructed all of our stores to check their equipment in order to prevent this incident from happening again.”
Maybe tasting KFC’s nail polishes is better for your health than eating their food.