The world of TV advertising is responsible for utterly ruining a lot of very good songs.
From Michael Jackson butchering Billie Jean for Pepsi to the Four Tops singing really enthusiastically about Velveeta Shells & Cheese, you’ll be stunned by how many great tunes have been changed for the sake of a commercial break.
Below, we take a look at what we think are the 10 worst offenders. Have we missed out a song from a commercial that makes you cringe? Shout it out in the comments.
1. “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot
2. “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
3. “Unbelievable” by EMF
4. “My Sharona” by The Knack
5. “Good Vibrations” by the Beach Boys
6. “It’s the Same Old Song” by the Four Tops”
7. “Mambo No. 5” by Lou Bega
8. “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” by Meat Loaf
9. “What the World Needs Now” by Burt Bacharach
10. “Our House” by Madness